Saturday 6 February 2010

Review of the Soap & Glory Glow Job Daily Radiance Moisture Lotion

Hello, so far the reviews I have posted have been about some of my most favourite products, the ones I would absolutely re-purchase, this one is different, I don't really dislike this moisturiser, I just wouldn't want to buy it again. The product in question is the Soap & Glory "Glow Job Daily Radiance Moisture Lotion" which currently costs £5.33 on the Boots website although it says the price was £8 and there seems to be an offer on, I can't recall how much I paid for it, it's a 75ml tube with a stated shelf-life of 12 months.


The packaging is cute like all the Soap & Glory range. This is basically a tinted moisturiser, but the gimmick here is the "built-in micro-bronzer beads". The instructions on the tube tell you to "Squeeze a pea size amount of Soap & Glory Glow Job Daily Radiance Moisture Lotion onto your finger tips, then rub together to release the bronze from inside the beads and blend. Apply to your face in upward circular motions, then just get up and GLOW!". So here's what the product looks like when you first squeeze some out:


At the bottom of the blob, that white ball is one of the micro-beads. The lotion does have quite a bit of scent to it, which I always thought was orangey and having just looked on the Boots website it states that this contains sweet orange peel oil so it's confirmed, it's not particularly unpleasant just not to my taste. I don't really notice the smell from it after it's applied though. I found the best way to break the little beads is to squirt the lotion into the palm of one hand and then rub it around a bit with the fingertips of my other hand, this is what it starts to look like:

As you can see it looks quite messy with bits of half broken beads and the bronzer very unevenly mixed, when it's at this stage a generally dot it around my face and then rub it in really well to get an even coverage. The beads break up quite easily at this stage and disappear. The bronzing colour looks quite dark in comparison to my skin tone but it blends in okay, when I use this moisturiser I generally wear mineral foundation over the top, it's not the most amazing base, I'd say it would be the same as any moisturiser out there, the colour from this product is not that intense. As for it's moisturising properties it works fine, but I don't have any issues with dry skin so I find any moisturiser is good for me.

It's a fun lotion to try out, however it just seems like a bit too much hassle for not that great results, an ordinary tinted moisturiser than can be applied straight to the face would work just as well. The bronzing colour doesn't make an awful lot of difference once it's been rubbed in and it doesn't seem to have any SPF in it which is a shame, the Philosophy tinted moisturiser I've tried had SPF15 which I thought is a nice bonus! At the price of this moisturiser (whether that's £5-ish or £8) I would much rather buy a tinted one that gives some heavier coverage and acts as a better base, so although I will continue to use it up, I would not consider buying it again.

Thanks for looking :-)

xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I liked the bronzed colour of this moisturizer as it added a touch of colour to my face but you're right, its easier to just use a tinted moisturizer, plus it made my skin break out x

    ReplyDelete