Thursday 4 February 2010

Eye make-up removal

Hello, I thought I would just share something that I really like to use to remove eye make-up. I've definately heard people saying not use this as a make up remover but personally I love it! It's Johnson's baby oil.



I would never use this to remove the bulk of my make up (i.e. foundation, blusher etc.) but for eye make-up it works wonders, even waterproof gel liner comes off in one go with this stuff. Previously I had been using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, baby oil is so much cheaper obviously, you can get this for £1! For me this takes make-up off a hundred times easier than Liz Earle, but that's just in my opinion, I was never a fan of the cleanser anyway as it didn't really improve my skin, and I never felt as clean after using it as I do when I use an ordinary Clean and Clear or something similar. I know these products will be a lot harsher on the skin most likely but they're cheaper and seem to work better for myself, each to their own I guess.

I apply some of the oil to an ordinary cotton pad and place over my eye, the oil really breaks down all the eyeliner and mascara in no time, then I simply sweep it off. Immediately after doing this I then wash my face with my normal cleanser, to get rid of my foundation etc. and to get rid of any oil left around the eye.



I have been using this method for about 6 months and I have never found it so easy to remove my make-up.

Thanks for looking :-)

xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I've been using baby oil for years for my eye makeup and definitely like it. I haven't tried any more oils on my face either though, so maybe I would like one better. But I do reccommend it!

    ReplyDelete