Thursday 4 February 2010

Hello :-) and a review of Collection 200 Glam Crystals glitter eyeliners


Hello, well I’ve been reading make-up blogs etc. online for quite some time now (I find them quite addictive really) and have finally decided to give it a go myself, it’s one way to fill my spare time! Anyway, I’m not really sure where to begin with all this but I thought a good start would be to tell you about some products that I really like and use regularly, so on that theme here goes......

The first products I really love are the range of Collection 2000 “Glam Crystals” glitter eyeliners. They generally cost about £2.99 in Boots and Superdrug, and I think they are an absolute bargain!!

Here are the ones I own:



From left to right they are called; Spandex (no 12), Le Freak (no 5), Night Fever (no 6), Shake it up! (no 11), Dancing Queen (no 8), Hustle (no 4) and Funk (no 3).

In the same order as above, here they are tested on my hand:




As I hope you can tell from the photographs, they are absolutely packed full of glitter, particularly the last three (the pink, silver and gold), which also happen to be my favourites. These last three are also amazing at reflecting loads of different colours, you may be able to see this in the pink one above. I tend to wear these either underneath my eye over a bit of black eyeliner, or alternatively I dot bits of it onto my lid, over eyeshadow and then dab with my finger to blend it in, which I think looks really cool over black eyeshadow! They go on really easily and the brush is quite fine:





These last all day on me and don’t particularly flake off, I’ve never had an issue with the glitter getting into my eye or anything like that anyway! They are very sparkly and very cheap which is why I love them, I have never tried a more expensive glitter liner but I’m so pleased with this range I don’t see the need! :-D

When it comes to removing these I have no problem, however, as I said, I wear these over black eyeliner or eyeshadow, so I was quite shocked today when I had applied them to my hand for a short time to photograph because when I removed them, I was left with a blue stain where the blue-ish toned ones had been. I have washed my hands quite a few times since then with hand wash and they are pretty much gone now but I think that could be an issue if you were to apply these to bare skin around your eye, and I guess it’s kinda worrying that they did that!

Here’s the marks it left:





All in all this won’t put me off using them again, especially the gold and silver as these left no mark and are so versatile, they can add a bit of sparkle to a boring make up look for me.

Well, that was it my first attempt, I hope it wasn’t too awful, and was of some use to somebody haha!!

Thanks for looking, take care.

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment