Thursday 4 February 2010

Review of the Bourjois Liner Effect Mascara

Hello, I am carrying on the theme of products that I really love and this one is currently my favourite mascara, it's the Bourjois "Liner Effect" Mascara, and this is what it looks like:


You can probably see the tube looks a bit bashed but I use this daily so it's bound to with me. This is currently priced at about £8.99 I think, for a 10ml tube.

Here's a look at the brush:


As you can probably tell from the photo, it's one of those mascaras with the plasticy (or rubbery I'm not sure!) brush. The unique thing about this mascara is that the bristles are long on one side but short on the other, that's all to with the "liner effect" qualities. Once you have used the long bristles to comb through your lashes, you are supposed to use the short ones at the base of the lashes for the liner effect. As far as that goes, there is no advice on the packaging as to how you should go about this, and the one attempt I had failed miserably, it just went onto my lid and was a complete mess, so that whole gimmick didn't really work for myself. However the long bristles are fantastic at separating and lengthening my lashes, they don't add much volume however.

There are a couple of downsides to this mascara, one is the sharpness of the bristles, they are virtually like needles!! I think it's this sharpness that allows them to separate my lashes so well but honestly, get this a little to close to your eye and ouch! The other issue I have with it is that although it coats the lashes well and is a really nice dark black (it says it's enriched with khol so perhaps that' why), once applied, it remains wet for a considerable length of time, meaning that if you shut your eyes or open them too, wide you end up with transfer onto your skin. Saying that once it's dry there is no flaking or smearing like I have encountered with other mascaras.

In summary, I love this mascara because the length it adds to my lashes is really quite dramatic and it doesn't clump them together, you just have to take care when applying so you don't hurt yourself with the razor sharp bristles and give it plenty of time to dry. This has been my favourite mascara for the past year now.

Thanks for looking, hope it was helpful :-)

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment