Thursday 4 February 2010

Review of the Sleek Ink Pot eyeliner gel in "Dominatrix"

Hello, I currently have two favourite eyeliners, both black, one is a liquid liner (which I will review later) and the other is a gel eyeliner by Sleek. Sleek's range of gel liners are called "ink pots" and I think they cost around £3 at Superdrug. This is the one I own:


Their black liner is called "Dominatrix" and you get 4g in a pot. The packaging states it has a shelf life of 12 months, however, I personally found it started to dry out after a few months, I've seen other people comment on this too, for me it wasn't much of an issue, I simply dipped my eyeliner brush in the teensiest amount of baby oil and then picked up the product and worked it into the lid, this brought it back to life so to speak.

The ink pot comes with a brush:


It's not the worst quality brush in the world, however, it is quite tricky to use unless you have hands the size of Barbie's as it's tiny! So I don't use this brush (yet I have kept it "just incase" haha) but I guess it's always nice for them to give you something to apply it with. The product itself goes on easier if you have sorta "warmed it up" a bit, by which I mean that I get a bit on my brush and swirl it around it the lid, I find that this softens the gel so that it glides on smoother. The colour is quite intense which I like and it stays put all day for me, although I tend to set it by pressing a bit of black eyeshadow into it, but I think part of the reason I also do this is to use up all the black eyeshadows I have in my many Sleek palettes (I think there's a black shadow in each one)!

Here is the liner tested on my hand:


This liner is great for getting right into the corners of the lower lash line (and staying there!) so most days I wear liquid liner above my top lashes, and this on the lower. I did find this tricky to remove with ordinary make-up removers as it's quite stubborn (which is good because it means it stays in place all day) but it comes off no problem with baby oil, so an oily cleanser may work well on this.

In summary, this is a great, cheap gel eyeliner, although it does have issues with drying out, I can't compare it to a more expensive brand because this is the only one I have tried. I have been using this almost a year now and although I have reached the bottom of the pot in one area there is still a lot left (bearing in mind I wear heavy eyeliner everyday). I will definitely be buying this again.

Thanks for reading :-)

xxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hey great post I love Sleek gel liners there fab & soo cute & tiny lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are rather cute! Guess I missed that bit out hehe!

    :-)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete