Thursday 4 February 2010

Review of Boots No7 Mineral Blush

So I quite enjoyed writing that last review and decided to give another one a go, apologies for the poor quality images, but they are the result of a poor quality camera (plus my lack of photography skills :-P hehe).

Another product that I really like is the Boots No7 “Mineral Perfection Blusher” which I have in shade 05 Rose Pink. On the website today the price is currently £8.75, but Boots always seems to have voucher promotions so you could pick this up quite cheap then. For this price you get 4g of the product and they include an application brush, which I will come onto later.



The packaging claims that this contains a “precious gemstone complex, and soft focus pigments, that diffuses light to give a flawless finish and perfect colour” this would all imply to me that the product would be full of shimmer but it is actually very matte, in the pot you can see the teensiest fine specks of a shimmer but when I wear it I cannot see it all which I like. It also states on the packaging that it contains no talc or preservatives and that it is hypo-allergenic. The fact that it contains no preservatives must go with this whole idea that mineral products pretty much last indefinitely as there is also no shelf life marked on the product either.



The blusher itself is a very pale light pink, which is actually quite subtle when applied:



I like the subtlety of the colour because it means you can build on it if you wish or just have a slight hint of colour. I have very pale skin so I can build this to a nice colour quite easily on me but if you have darker skin I think this may be too much of a light shade to go for. I have been using this product for about 6 months now I guess, maybe a but longer, and there is still tonnes left! It lasts quite well but would need re-applying during a long day, however I find this to be the case for me with any blusher I have used, it could be to do with my skin type. I think there are only two shades in this range, the other one being a deeper colour, I think it may have a bit of shimmer in it when applied, but I’m not entirely sure.

The brush provided with this product is not entirely useless, I tried it a couple of times and you can get a nice application with it, however it’s not very pleasant to use as in my opinion the bristles are quite stiff and a bit scratchy on the face.

In summary I really like this blush because it gives me a nice colour and the fact that it’s a mineral product is a plus for me because I tend to get breakouts if I use too many harsh things on my face, I will definitely be buying this again. My only wish is that they made these products with a better packaging that would allow them to be carried in your bag, I wouldn’t dare do that with this blusher as all the product would come through the sifter and I’d end up in a cloud of blush when I opened it!

Thanks for looking and take care.

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment