Friday 20 August 2010

Review of Sleek's Dip-it Eyeliner


This is a review of a product I do not like and would not repurchase, it is Sleek's "Dip-it eyeliner" and the one I own is in black. This is currently listed at £3.49 on Superdrug's website.

The packaging looks quite nice and you get 4ml of product which is good as my preferred eyeliner (The Body shop's Liquid Eyeliner) is more expensive and only contains 2.5ml of product.


The tip is a stiff pointed type which tapers to a very thin end if you like this (I apply thick eyeliner daily so I don't mind fatter nibs :-P).


When initially applied I find this quite runny and wet (like a liquid I guess haha) and it takes longer than my Body Shop one to dry which is a bad point. When it (eventually) dries, it does so with a matte finish which is a must for me! The colour is quite intense which is good, however I find the thin tip and watery consistency quite fiddly and often have to go over to achieve the shape I want and when doing so I find this starts lifting off in areas and going patchy (again I don't have this issue with the Body Shop one).


The main problem I have with this eyeliner though is that it actually stings my eyelids when I'm applying it and almost feels a little tight on my skin when it dries! The only other time I've experienced this is when using cheap no-brand glitter eyeliners, so I was quite shocked when I first tried this as I love many other Sleek products and have never found them disappointing. I really don't have sensitive eyes/skin generally so I'm not sure what it is about this product but it's definitely not for me (why I don't just chuck it out is anyone's guess).

To sum up, even if this eyeliner didn't irritate my eyelids, I would not repurchase or recommend due to it's consistency and excessive drying time, I'm pretty sure a better liquid liner could be found at a similar price. (I do however love Sleek's gel liner in black!)

Thanks for reading! :-)

xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment