Friday 20 August 2010

Review of ELF's Mineral Eyeshadow Primer


This review is for ELF's Mineral Eyeshadow Primer, a product I initially disliked but now I love! This is currently £3 on the ELF website.

For me, an eyeshadow primer is essential, I wear eyeshadow everyday and without a primer my eyelids get oily and the shadow starts disappearing after only a couple of hours. Before buying this I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion which I still love, I don't love the price though so I thought I'd give this a go!

The packaging is nowhere near as nice as the Urban Decay but that's not a problem when the product cost £3, however after only trying this a couple of times, the black case that should be attached to the white part at the top of my bottle cracked and came off :-( I do have a tendency to over-tighten things to make sure they're shut so maybe it was my fault, the white part still has the screw mechanism though so the tube is still sealed, it's just a bit more fiddly to open.

The applicator was nothing unusual and easy to use:


Packaging issues aside when I first used this primer I found it was more watery/runny than the Urban Decay one but similar in colour (skin-tone-ish). When I tried it out, it took longer to dry but once it had done so my eyeshadow went on fine and definitely didn't crease as fast as without a primer but would not last the whole day like they would with UDPP.

As it wasn't working great for me I decided this would be a back up and left it aside for a few months. Eventually my Primer Potion ran out and because I didn't have time to go out and get a new one straight away, I went and opened this up, and to my amazement it actually worked to keep my eyeshadow in place all day! I think it has dried up a little since when I purchased it and I think this may be the reason why it's working as well as UDPP for me now! Since then I've been using this daily and would buy it again, though I may have to let it dry up a bit first which is bizarre!

This is ELF's mineral primer version, I see they do an ordinary eyeshadow primer for only £1.50 so I think I will try this out too next time to see how it goes! This is absolutely worth the money even if the handle does crack off.

Thanks for looking :-)

xxxxxx




2 comments:

  1. Hey, I once had a mascara that was runny when I first got it, and when I came back to it 2 months later it was a fabulous mascara, so perhaps it's a certain chemical that makes them this way. But definitely worth getting this and letting it dry out before using if it's only £3 compared to UDPP at about £15!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! It's weird, like a wine, maybe they get better with age (within reason) haha!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete